Dear Club or League Officials:
Please allow this correspondence to serve as a guide with respect to upcoming dates, deadlines, etc. with MSYSA programs, events or tournaments. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the MSYSA State Office.
Girls U14-U19 State Cup 2020 (Played in Fall 2019)
Application & Payment Deadline:
12:00 PM on June 28, 2019
August 10 – September 22, 2019 (Preliminary Games)
October 4 – 6, 2019 (Round of 16 & Quarterfinals)
October 18 – 20, 2019 (Semifinals & Finals)
$595 per team
- 9:00 AM July 2, 2019 – Fall State Cup Bracketing Meeting
- 12:00 PM on July 19, 2019 – Fall State Cup Preliminary Game Schedules Due
More information can be found
Fall Season: August 10, 2019 – November 17, 2019
Fees for Director’s Academy can be found
- 12:00 PM on June 24, 2019 – Clubs Confirm Team Participation
- 12:00 PM on July 22, 2019 – DA Fall Schedules Due
- August 9, 2019 – DA Fall Rosters Due
More information on Director’s Academy can be found
ODP 101 & Goalkeeper Academy Summer 2019
4:30 PM on June 18, 2019
June 25-27, 2019 (Locations vary by region and age group)
More information on ODP can be found
ODP ID Weekend
4:30 PM on July 8, 2019
July 19-21, 2019
Independence Park – 1898 Denton Road, Canton, Michigan 48188
- On or before May 31: $150
- June 1 - July 8: $175
More information for our ODP ID Weekend can be found
ODP 101 2019-2020 Schedule
The ODP 101 & Goalkeeper Academy schedule for the upcoming seasonal year can be found
(Please note that registration will be open soon.)
National League Conferences
Specific dates will be posted online when they are made available by US Youth Soccer.
Late June 2019
Fall Season: Early August 2019 – Late November 2019 (U14-U19 Girls and U14-U15 Boys)
$550 (NL Conference Application/Program fee) plus $425 (MSYSA Registration fees).
- Late June 2019 – MSYSA Endorsements Due
- Early July 2019 – Team Registration Begins
- Early July 2019 – US Youth Soccer Team Selections Due
There are two (2) applications that must be submitted in order for a team to be considered for participation in the National League Conference – the NL Conference Application and the MSYSA/GotSoccer Application.
National League Conference Endorsement Criteria:
Once the application window closes, MSYSA will select which teams they will choose to endorse for the National League Conferences.
U13 – U19 Endorsement Criteria can be found
Teams who apply for the National League Conference but are not endorsed by MSYSA will receive a partial refund of their fees (amount paid - $100 admin fees). Teams who apply for the National League Conference and are endorsed by MSYSA but withdraw anytime after notice of MSYSA endorsement will not receive a refund of any kind.
More information on NLC can be found
League Affiliation and Team Payments due to MSPSP by July 13, 2019
- Teams MUST be enrolled in the MSPSP Fall 2019 event in GotSoccer PRIOR to July 13, 2019. NO EXCEPTIONS.
August 23, 2019 – November 27, 2019
$550 per Fall 2019 Team
- Payment via check (Recommended) submitted via affiliation, or self-submitted if MSYSA direct member
- Online payment (Recommended for less than 10 teams) due prior to July 13, 2019
- June 15, 2019 – MSYSA Tryouts
- July 15, 2019 – Late Player Additions Begin
- 48 hours prior to Team’s First Match ($25) – Late Player Addition Deadline
More information on MSPSP can be found
Coaching Education Opportunities
Whether you are a novice coach, premier coach or wanting to become involved in the coaching side of soccer, MSYSA has courses available for you.
United States Soccer Federation Coaching Education Grassroot Courses
9v9 courses are 8am-12pm (noon) & 11v11 courses are 1:00pm-5:00pm.
Course registration is open until full or the day prior to course start date. (D courses will close two weeks prior to course start date or until course if full.) Please visit
for additional course listings.
In order to be eligible to register for grassroot coaching courses coaches must complete the free, online, 20-minute intro course located
United States Soccer Federation Coaching Education D License Courses
Wixom l June 24-26, 2019 & September 7-8, 2019 (Must Attend Both Weekends) l
Kentwood l August 1-4, 2019 & November 16-17, 2019 (Must Attend Both Weekends) l
Course registration is open until two weeks prior to course start date or until course is full. (Max candidate limit is 24)
A unique combination of three of the eight Grassroots Licenses now formally represent the prerequisite to progress to the U.S. Soccer D License. Specifically, candidates must have completed a minimum of three grassroots courses, in the form of two in-person courses and one online course:
- Two in-person courses (one of which must be the 11v11)
- One online course across any of the four levels (4v4, 7v7, 9v9, 11v11)
Coaching candidates who have earned the E or F License will have the following opportunities to use those certifications toward the D License prerequisites:
- U.S. Soccer E License + Introduction to Grassroots Coaching Module
- U.S. Soccer F License + Introduction to Grassroots Coaching Module + 11v11 in-person license + one other (4v4, 7v7 or 9v9) in-person license
More information on our Coaching Education can be found