Insurance Claim Checklist
- Claimant must be registered at time the injury took place
- Claimant's injury must have taken place on an insured field location
- Report of the injury must be received by the State Office either by phone or email within 7 days
- Claim form must be submitted and received by MSYSA State Office no later than 30 days from date of injury
- $500 deductible applies for all eligible claims
- Include a copy of Permission to Travel approval (if injury took place outside Michigan)
For insurance claims, contact Josh Sherman
Field Insurance / Certificate of Insurance (COIs)
To request for an insurance certificate click here (Login Required)
For more information, see the FAQs
Indoor protection, as a result of indoor participation, is now provided if:
- An MSYSA affiliated league (where players are already registered to teams), in writing to MSYSA, sanctions or endorses indoor team participation
- An MSYSA affiliated league hosts or coordinates indoor training, games, practices, scrimmages, etc.
- MSYSA affiliated leagues must request insurance certificates online from MSYSA in advance of player and/or team indoor participation
- Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Team Managers and other Team Officials must be registered with MSYSA and must be MSYSA Risk Management Certified.
- MSYSA will only provide secondary medical and general liability protection (indoor) for those currently registered with MSYSA.
Insurance Forms & Resources