Insurance Claim Checklist
- Claimant must be registered at time the injury took place
- Claimant's injury must have taken place on an insured field location
- Report of the injury must be received by the State Office either by phone or email within 7 days
- Claim form, verified by a witness, must be submitted and received by MSYSA State Office for verification no later than 30 days from date of injury
- $500 deductible applies for all eligible claims
- Include a copy of Permission to Travel approval (if injury took place outside Michigan)
All injuries from MSYSA or US Youth Soccer activities must be reported, in writing, to both the member organization and MSYSA via phone or e-mail within 7 days. All claims are required to first be made through member's primary insurance carrier prior to being submitted to MSYSA. The Michigan State Youth Soccer Association excess accident medical insurance policy is secondary insurance. Failure to follow the rules of your primary healthcare coverage will result in a benefit reduction of eligible expenses to 50% of the amount otherwise paid. Any claims not submitted to MSYSA within 30 days will be denied.
For insurance claims, contact Josh Sherman
- Effective immediately, MSYSA has eliminated heading for players U11 and younger Read more...
Field Insurance / Certificate of Insurance (COIs)
To request for an insurance certificate click here (Login Required)
For more information, see the FAQs
Indoor protection, as a result of indoor participation, is now provided if:
- An MSYSA affiliated league (where players are already registered to teams), in writing to MSYSA, sanctions or endorses indoor team participation
- An MSYSA affiliated league hosts or coordinates indoor training, games, practices, scrimmages, etc.
- MSYSA affiliated leagues must request insurance certificates online from MSYSA in advance of player and/or team indoor participation
- Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Team Managers and other Team Officials must be registered with MSYSA and must be MSYSA Risk Management Certified.
- MSYSA will only provide secondary medical and general liability protection (indoor) for those currently registered with MSYSA.
Insurance Forms & Resources