2017 - 2018: Showcase Age Groups
Birth Year: 2001 & 2002
Objective: To identify, develop and prepare the best players registered with MSYSA for ODP sub-regional events and the region 2 identification camp, while providing opportunities to be scouted by college coaches.
ODP Showcase - Player Process
College Combine - Identification Day: Sunday, July 30th
The objective over this weekend is two fold. First, provide a platform for all registered players to be scouted by college coaches. Second, for the ODP coaching staff to identify players for the 2001 & 2002 age group winter training pools. This will be accomplished by viewing players in a 9 v 9 & 11 v 11 game format. For more information and to register for the ID weekend please click here.
Winter Training Pool: December through February
The winter training pool will take part in three practice days, which will consist of 1 x 2 hrs training sessions. Goalkeepers will participate in pool training as well as specific GK trainings. During these sessions the coaching staff will provide a developmental and competitive training environment, while looking to identify players for the state team. Please note, that all training sessions and scrimmages during this section will be open to college, regional team and national team staff. All winter training will take place at The Legacy Center, 9299 Goble Rd, Brighton, MI 48116.
College Showcase Event: February
Players selected to the MSYSA State Team will represent Michigan at College Showcase Event (Sub Regional). College Coaches, Region 2 Team Coaches and Youth National Team scouts will be invited to attend these events.
Regional 2 Programming: July Identification Camp: July
Michigan ODP players invited to attend the Region 2 Identification Camp will be selected, by Michigan ODP staff, from the winter training pools and state teams events.
2017 Region 2 Identification Camp
Location: Saginaw Valley State University
Boys: July 5th to 9th, 2017 (Birth Years: 00, 01, 02, 03, 04)
Girls: July 12th to 16th, 2017 (Birth Years: 00, 01, 02, 03, 04)
2018 Region 2 Identification Camp - Dates & Location are coming soon!
What are the benefits of this program?
- Coaching: All coaches are carefully selected and must be US Soccer licensed. Additionally, 90% of the coaches in the program also coach in Collegiate Programs.
- Training Environment: All players in the winter training pools are of a high level and have a desire to play at the next level, which enables training to be more focused and demanding. Coaches also strive to challenge each player, which makes training faster & more challenging.
- Exposure to US Youth Soccer Regional Coaches & National Team Coaches.
- Exposure to College Coaches from around the Midwest.
- College Combine - ID Weekend: $125.00
- Winter Pool Training: TBA - 3 x 2 Hr Training Sessions
- College Showcase Event: No cost - one day event vs. other states or nations.
- 2018 Regional Identification Camp: TBA