2016 - 2017: ODP Advanced Academy Information
Birth Year: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 & 2004
Objective: To identify, develop and prepare the best players in Michigan for ODP sub-regional events and the region 2 identification camp.
Please note, the 2005 age group will participate in our 101 Beginner Academy program. This is due to the Region 2 ID Camp, Team Selections and Events starting at the 2004 age group.
ODP Advanced Academy - Player Process
Identification Weekend: 2017 Dates Will be Announced Soon!
The objective over this weekend is for the coaching staff is to train the players who attend, while identifying the players they feel should move into the winter training pool. The size of the training pool will vary based on the talent level of the players. Please note, regional pool players, as well as scouted and recommended players, will move directly into the winter training pools. For more information and to register for the ID weekend please click here.
Winter Training Pool: January
The winter training pool will take part in two practice days, which will consist of 4 x 1.5 hrs training sessions. Goalkeepers will participate in pool training as well as specific GK trainings. During these sessions the coaching staff will provide a developmental and competitive training environment, while looking to identify players for the state team. Please note, that all training sessions and scrimmages during this section will be open to college, regional team and national team staff. All winter training will take place at The Legacy Center, 9299 Goble Rd, Brighton, MI 48116.
State Team Events: February
Players will be selected from the winter training pools to represent Michigan at Sub Regional or International events. Region 2 coaches and National Team scouts will be invited to attend these events. In the older age groups we will also invite college coaches to attend.
Regional 2 Programming: July Identification Camp: July
Michigan ODP players invited to attend the Region 2 Identification Camp will be selected, by Michigan ODP staff, from the winter training pools and state teams events.
2017 Region 2 Identification Camp
Location: Saginaw Valley State University
Boys: July 5th to 9th (Birth Years: 00, 01, 02, 03, 04)
Girls: July 12th to 16th (Birth Years: 00, 01, 02, 03, 04)
What are the benefits of this program?
- Coaching: All coaches are carefully selected and must be US Soccer licensed. Additionally, 90% of the coaches in the program also coach in Collegiate Programs.
- Training Environment: All players in the winter training pools are of a high level and have a desire to play at the next level, which enables training to be more focused and demanding. Coaches also strive to challenge each player, which makes training faster & more challenging.
- Exposure to US Youth Soccer Regional Coaches & National Team Coaches.
- Exposure to College Coaches from around the Midwest.
- ID Weekend: $100.00
- Winter Pool Training: TBA - 4 x 1.5 hr Trainings
- State Team Games: No cost - one day event vs. other states or nations.
- 2016 Regional Identification Camp: $600.00
*These costs outlined are based on previous years. We do not expect this to change, however, it is a possibility.