ODP Advanced Academy 'College Preparation Phase'
Birth Year: 1998, 1999 & 2000
Objective: To identify, develop and prepare the best players in Michigan for the ODP regional and national tournament. Players selected at these ages will represent Michigan at a sub regional event or tournament (TBD). This program will also help our players be identified and selected to join the US Youth Soccer Association Regional and US National Teams. Additionally, it will expose players to college coaches from around the mid-west.
- Positional Excellence
- Team Roles & Responsibilities
- State Team, Regional Team & National Team Preparation
- Mentally strong & confident
- Tactical Maturity - Play the US Way
- Exposure - College, Regional & National Team Coaches
The Advanced Academy program is divided into three subsections:
- Identification Weekend
- Winter Pool Training
- State Team Training & Games
Identification Weekend: August 1st, 2nd & 3rd
This weekend will be split into three different training sessions, 1 x 2 hour practices per day. The objective for the coaching staff is to train the players who attend, while identifying the players they feel should move into the winter training pool. The size of the training pool will be between 26 to 30 players, including goalkeepers. The numbers invited into the training pool depends on the quality of the players at the ID weekend.
Winter Training Pool
- Girls: January and February
- Boys: January, February and March
The winter training pool will practice three times over the winter. Ideally in this section we will also participate in a sub regional tournament or game day, this is TBD. Each training day will consist of one 1.5 hour training sessions and inter-squad games. Goalkeepers will participate in pool training, goalkeepers specific training and at least 2 games during this period. The goal for the coaching staff in this section is to provide a competitive training environment where they can train and develop players, while choosing a team in age group to represent Michigan. All training and games during this section will be open to college, regional team and national team staff. State teams will consist of 16 field players and 2 goalkeepers.
What are the benefits of this program?
- Coaching: Most coaches in these age groups will be from Michigan College Programs.
- Training Environment: Train with a high level of players, which makes training faster & more challenging.
- Exposure to US Youth Soccer Regional Coaches & National Team Coaches.
- Exposure to College Coaches from around the Midwest.
- ID Weekend: $100 (includes two Under Armour training t-shirts and 6.5 hours of training)
- Indoor Training & Games: $200 (includes 12 hours of indoor training & potential games)
- State Team Programming: TBA (this depends on the event)
*These costs outlined are based on previous years. We do not expect this to change, however, it is a possibility.