2017 - 2018: Showcase Age Groups
Birth Year: 2001 & 2002
Head Coaches: Paul Doroh ('01 Boys), Nick Deren ('02 Boys) & Andy McCaslin ('01 Girls), Bryan Goyings ('02 Girls)
Objective: To identify, develop and prepare the best players registered with MSYSA for ODP sub-regional events and the Region 2 Identification Camp, while providing opportunities to be scouted by college coaches.
ODP Showcase - Player Process
College Combine - Identification Day: Sunday, July 30
The objective over this weekend is two fold. First, provide a platform for all registered players to be scouted by college coaches. Second, for the ODP coaching staff to identify players for the 2001 & 2002 age group winter training pools. This will be accomplished by viewing players in a 9 v 9 & 11 v 11 game format.
Winter Training Pool: December through February
The winter training pool will take part in three practice days, which will consist of 1 x 2 hrs training sessions. Goalkeepers will participate in pool training as well as specific GK trainings. During these sessions the coaching staff will provide a developmental and competitive training environment, while looking to identify players for the state team. Please note, that all training sessions and scrimmages during this section will be open to college, regional team and national team staff. All winter training will take place at The Legacy Center, 9299 Goble Rd, Brighton, MI 48116.
College Showcase Event: March
Players selected to the MSYSA State Team will represent Michigan at College Showcase Event (Sub Regional). College Coaches, Region 2 Team Coaches and Youth National Team scouts will be invited to attend these events.
Region 2 Programming: July Identification Camp: July
Michigan ODP players invited to attend the Region 2 Identification Camp will be selected, by Michigan ODP staff, from the winter training pools and state teams events.
2018 Region 2 Identification Camp
Location: Saginaw Valley State University
Boys: July 7 to 11 2018 (Birth Years: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05)
Girls: July 13 to 17, 2018 (Birth Years: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05)
Price: $630 per player.
What are the benefits of this program?
- Coaching: All coaches are carefully selected and must be US Soccer licensed. Additionally, 90% of the coaches in the program also coach in Collegiate Programs.
- Training Environment: All players in the winter training pools are of a high level and have a desire to play at the next level, which enables training to be more focused and demanding. Coaches also strive to challenge each player, which makes training faster & more challenging.
- Exposure to US Youth Soccer Regional Coaches & National Team Coaches.
- Exposure to College Coaches from around the Midwest.
*Costs (No prorations and no refunds):
- College Combine - ID Weekend: $125.00
- Winter Pool Training: $250 - 3 x 2 Hr Training Sessions
- College Showcase Event: No cost - one day event vs. other states or nations.
- 2018 Regional Identification Camp: $630
Indoor Training Information
- Location: Brighton Legacy Center (Dome, unless otherwise noted)
- Dates: December 10, 2017 (2-4pm), January 21, 2018 (2-4pm), February 11, 2018 (12pm-2pm, Legacy Field House)
- Dates: December 17, 2017 (2-4pm), January 7, 2018 (2-4pm), February 18, 2018 (12pm-2pm, Legacy Field House)
Sub-Regional Event Tentatively scheduled for March 3-4, 2018 (01/02 Male & Female). More information will be made available soon.
For questions relating to ODP, Youth Development 101 or GK Academy, please contact Josh Sherman.Subject to change with or without notice.