2017 - 2018: Developmental Age Groups
Birth Year: 2004 & 2005
Head Coaches: Todd Derby ('04 Boys), Dave Demeter ('05 Boys) & Christian Graczyk ('04 Girls), Jason Crist ('05 Girls)
Objective: To identify, develop and prepare the best players registered with MSYSA for ODP tournaments / events and the Region 2 Identification Camp, while providing opportunities to be scouted by college coaches.
ODP Developmental - Player Process
Identification Weekend: Friday, July 28 & Saturday, July 29
The objective over this weekend is for coaching staff is to train the players who attend, while identifying the players they feel should move into the winter training pool. The size of the training pool will vary based on the talent level of the players. Please note, each age group player pool will be split into younger / older sub-groups.
Winter Training Pool - December through February
The winter training pool will take part in three practice days, which will consist of 1 x 2 hrs training sessions. Goalkeepers will participate in pool training as well as specific GK trainings. During these sessions the coaching staff will provide a developmental and competitive training environment, while looking to identify players for the younger and older state teams in each age group. All winter training will take place at The Legacy Center, 9299 Goble Rd, Brighton, MI 48116.
State Team Events: March
Each state team will participate in a winter tournament / event. This is event TBA.
Region 2 Programming: July Identification Camp: July
Michigan ODP players invited to attend the Region 2 Identification Camp will be selected, by Michigan ODP staff, from the winter training pools and state teams events.
Location: Saginaw Valley State University
Boys: July 6 to 10 2018 (Birth Years: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05)
Girls: July 12 to 16, 2018 (Birth Years: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05)
Price: $630 per player.
What are the benefits of this program?
- Coaching: All coaches are carefully selected and must be US Soccer licensed. Additionally, 90% of the coaches in the program also coach in Collegiate Programs.
- Training Environment: All players in the winter training pools are of a high level and have a desire to play at the next level, which enables training to be more focused and demanding. Coaches also strive to challenge each player, which makes training faster & more challenging.
- Exposure to US Youth Soccer Regional Coaches & National Team Coaches.
- Exposure to College Coaches from around the Midwest.
*Costs (No prorations and no refunds):
- ID Weekend: $100.00
- Winter Pool Training: $250 - 3 x 2 Hr Training Sessions
- State Team Tournament / Event: No cost - one day event vs. other states.
- 2018 Regional Identification Camp: $630.00
*These costs outlined are based on previous years. We do not expect this to change, however, it is a possibility.
Indoor Training Information
- Location: Brighton Legacy Center (Fieldhouse, unless otherwise noted)
- MALES (2004)
- Dates: December 10, 2017 (10am-12pm), January 21, 2018 (10am-12pm), February 11, 2018 (8am-10am)
- MALES (2005)
- Dates: December 10, 2017 (8am-10am), January 21, 2018 (8am-10am), February 11, 2018 (10am-12pm, Dome)
- FEMALES (2004)
- Dates: December 17, 2017 (10am-12pm), January 7, 2018 (10am-12pm), February 18, 2018 (8am-10am)
- FEMALES (2005)
- Dates: December 17, 2017 (8am-10am), January 7, 2018 (8am-10am), February 18, 2018 (10am-12pm, Dome)
Sub-Regional Event 04-05 Females March 10, 2018 (MSU), 04-05 Males March 11, 2018 (MSU)
For questions relating to ODP, Youth Development 101 or GK Academy, please contact Josh Sherman.
Subject to change with or without notice.