2017 - 2018: International Age Groups
Birth Year: 2003
ODP International - Player Process
Identification Weekend: Friday, July 28th & Saturday, July 29th
The objective of this weekend is for the coaching staff to train the players who attend, while identifying the players they feel should move into the winter training pool. The size of the training pool will vary based on the talent level of the players. For more information and to register for the ID weekend please click here.
Winter Training Pool: December through January
The winter training pool will take part in 3 x 2 hrs training sessions held once per month. Goalkeepers will participate in pool training as well as specific GK trainings. During these sessions the coaching staff will provide a developmental and competitive training environment, while looking to identify players for the state team. Please note, that all training sessions and scrimmages during this section will be open to college, regional team and national team staff. All winter training will take place at The Legacy Center, 9299 Goble Rd, Brighton, MI 48116.
State Team Domestic Event: March
Players will be selected from the winter training pools to represent Michigan at Sub Regional and International event. Region 2 coaches and National Team scouts will be invited to attend these events.
State Team International Event: July
The MSYSA State Team will also travel to Europe for an International tour and event. More information on this event will be posted shortly. For those interested in attending, estimated costs are about $3,250.
Regional 2 Programming: July Identification Camp: July
Michigan ODP players invited to attend the Region 2 Identification Camp will be selected, by Michigan ODP staff, from the winter training pools and state teams events.
2017 Region 2 Identification Camp
Location: Saginaw Valley State University
Boys: July 5th to 9th (Birth Years: 00, 01, 02, 03, 04)
Girls: July 12th to 16th (Birth Years: 00, 01, 02, 03, 04)
2018 Region 2 Identification Camp - Dates & Location will be announced soon!
What are the benefits of this program?
- Coaching: All coaches are carefully selected and must be US Soccer licensed. Additionally, 90% of the coaches in the program also coach in Collegiate Programs.
- Training Environment: All players in the winter training pools are of a high level and have a desire to play at the next level, which enables training to be more focused and demanding. Coaches also strive to challenge each player, which makes training faster & more challenging.
- Exposure to US Youth Soccer Regional Coaches & National Team Coaches.
- Exposure to College Coaches from around the Midwest.
- ID Weekend: $100.00
- Winter Pool Training: TBA - 3 x 2 hr Trainings
- State Team Domestic Games: No cost - one day event vs. other states or nations.
- International Trip: Further Information will be provided soon.
- 2018 Regional Identification Camp: $630.00
*These costs outlined are based on previous years. We do not expect this to change, however, it is a possibility.
Subject to change with or without notice.