Individual Out of State League Play
Individual Out of State League Form. Email completed form to Julie Pearson, firstname.lastname@example.org . Please allow 1-2 business days for processing.
For online payment for Individual Out of State League Play, please contact Julie Pearson, email@example.com
Out-of-State players should not use the MSYSA guest player form. Please visit the US Youth Soccer State Association you reside within.
Guest Player for Tournament
MSYSA Guest Player Loan Form
The Tournament Center
Processed by The Tournament Center, use the Guest Player Loan Form when a player residing in Michigan will be playing in a tournament as a guest player for a team they are not normally registered to.
Players who are currently registered on a team and already have a valid Passcard with that team will only need to complete the Guest Player Loan Form. No payment or additional materials are required as they will not need a Guest Player Passcard - the player will use their Passcard from their original team.
There is a $20 fee for Guest Player Passcards. Please click here to pay.
To obtain a Guest Player Passcard the following should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Color headshot of player (similar to a passport photo)
- Proof of birth
- Completed copy of the Guest Player Loan form (from the Tournament Center)
- Completed copy of Parent/Athlete Concussion form. Click here
- Parent/Guardian first & last name, home address, phone number and email address
Please allow 1-2 business days for the processing of Guest Player Passcards.
Notification To Travel
Required for teams traveling outside of Michigan for a tournament
>Instructions< (Processed by The Tournament Center)
If your team doesn’t have an assigned "Team ID" simply enter "MSYSA" where applicable.
Tournament Only Teams:
A Tournament Only Team is a team for the sole purpose of playing in tournament(s). All standard player registration and team rostering rules apply including age eligibility, roster size and coach requirements. Tournament only teams are valid for the seasonal year; expiring on July 31st.
Tournament Only Team Includes:
• MSYSA “Official” Approved Roster
• Player Passcards
• Team Official(s) Passcards
- 1. Create the desired team as you would in GotSport under your club account. Do not list the team in any 'event'. MSYSA will move the team into the 'Tournament Only Team' event after the below steps are completed. **If you do not have access to a GotSport club account, please contact Julie Pearson email@example.com**
- 2. Proof of Birth for each player (e.g.: Birth Certificate, State Issued ID, Passport). Scan all players’ proof of birth in alphabetical order as one document in pdf format only.
- 3. Excel spreadsheet listing player details (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) for template.
- 4. Upload a color photo of each player in GotSport in their player profiles. If sending photos individually, please make sure each photo is labelled with the players first and last name.
- 5. Parent/Athlete Acknowledgement Form for all players on the roster. Please scan signed forms for all players in alphabetical order as one document in pdf format only. Link to form: Click Here
- 6. CDC Heads-Up Concussion Certificate & valid SafeSport certificate for any Team Official to be named on the roster. CDC Heads-Up Concussion training and SafeSport Training can be accessed through your GotSport coach or manager account. SafeSport needs to be re-taken yearly. CDC Heads-Up Concussion training must be taken every 3 years.
- 7. Valid Risk Management card for all team officials on the roster.
- 8. $200.00 payment paid by check, cash or credit card. To pay online using a credit card: Click Here
- 9. Submit all above items to email@example.com. Passcards and Official Roster will be emailed out upon completion. Please allow a minimum of 5-7 business days turnaround time from when ALL required paperwork/information has been submitted if you enter the team into GotSport. If MSYSA is entering the team on your behalf please allow 10 business days. Note: In some instances, it may be possible to request a rush order (48 hours) for an additional $100 per team. This is dependent upon our workload at the time of the request (it may not be possible in all circumstances). In this case the requesting club would be responsible for entering all the information into GotSport and entering the team into the even in GotSport.
Please keep in mind:
• Players appearing on a Tournament Only roster can appear on other team/club rosters
• Tournament Only Teams are not valid for league play/participation.
• Tournament Only Player Passcards cannot be used as a “Club Passcarded” or “Guest Passcarded” player for league games.
• Tournament Only Teams may use Guest Players.
• Tournament Only Teams traveling to out of state tournaments must complete the online submission for a Notification to Travel.
• Team Officials (Coach, Assistant Coach and Manager) must have a valid background check, CDC Heads Up Certificate, and SafeSport certificate.
Players can be added to or released from Tournament Only Teams after the team's creation. Contact Julie Pearson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Participation in Adult/Senior Games Registration: Printable Form
Please email the completed form to email@example.com
The international clearance (ITC) process is only required for players registering with a club that has a professional affiliation (i.e., legal, financial, or de facto ties to a professional club). Clubs with teams participating in MLS Next are considered to have a professional affiliation. For those players registering with a pro affiliated club, the ITC process is required when a player is at least 10 years old and wishes to register with an affiliated club/team/league in the United States, if one or both of the following apply:
- Player was born outside of the United States, including U.S. citizens born abroad.
- Player previously registered to play soccer with a club/team/league outside of the United States.
As of February 2022, U.S. Soccer has updated the processes and forms required for international clearance.
MSYSA ITC Updates Memo – March 2, 2022
MSYSA International Clearance – this resource includes general information and a summary of updates (as of March 2022) regarding the international clearance process. Page 2 of this resource includes a graphic from U.S. Soccer which will help parents/players and club administrators determine which ITC process is applicable to the player. Page 3 includes a list of all the ITC processes, with a link for each process containing detailed instructions and the required form.
Forms and supporting documents should be submitted to MSYSA via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attachments must be in PDF format. Include the player’s name in the email subject line.
Please submit questions regarding international clearance via email to email@example.com.
Other related forms that may be requested:
Parent Consent to Travel Form l Medical Release Form l USSF Application for Foreign Travel | USSF Ted Stevens Act l Players Code of Conduct Agreement l Registration Waiver & Disclaimer Form l Parent & Athlete Concussion Form