Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Preparatory Course
We offer a 30-hour comprehensive CNA preparatory class that will prepare you for success! Our dedicated instructors will guide you through the course in a manner that will teach you the skills and confidence you need to pass the Florida Board of Nursing State Exam.
- The course covers written and hands-on training to ensure your success!
We offer several different times and days to work for any schedule. You can choose from:
- 1 Week Class: 8:30am – 4:00pm - 4 days
- 2 Week- Day Class: 8:30am – 1:30pm - 3 days per week
- 2 Week- Evening Class: 6:00pm – 9:45pm - 4 days per week
- Weekend Class: 8:30am – 4:00pm - 2 consecutive weekends
- Express Class: 8:30am – 6:00pm - 3 consecutive days
The course prepares the student to become a Phlebotomist. It is an in-depth course which includes theory, medical terminology, anatomy & physiology, and infection control. You will receive instruction on the following:
- Preparing the blood collection site
- Choosing the proper collection tools
- Handling the transportation, processing and management of collected samples
- Medical and legal ethics, as they relate to phlebotomy services
This is a hands-on class and students will practice blood and specimen collection and the safe handling of specimens.
- A course designed for a student who is looking to work as a Cardiology Technologist. The EKG/ECG technician is skilled in the use of an EKG machine to record the electrical impulses transmitted by a patient’s heart. This information is provided to the physician or other healthcare professions for analysis.
- This course provides specialized training in the operation and understanding of 12-lead EKG equipment, running and reading rhythm strips and an overview of basic anatomy & physiology, including electrical currents of the heart.
- EKG/ECG technicians obtain employment in a variety of settings, including: Hospital's Telemetry Department, where patients are having heart-related conditions which need constant monitoring, and Doctor’s Offices.
Cardiovascular Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- We are a local American Heart Training Provider, and our instructors teach according to the high standards of the American Heart Association.
- AHA CPR training classes give you the information and the skills you need to help adults, children, and infants during breathing and cardiac emergencies.
- We offer CPR/BLS and First Aid courses for both healthcare providers and general public.
CPR includes the following topics along with a 2-Year Certification:
* Adult CPR
* Child and Infant CPR
* AED Usage
- Med-Tech training is a 4-hour medication administration class taught by a Registered Nurse (RN) for medical positions who will be assisting patients in the home and/or assisted living settings. This course will cover National Standards but will focus special attention to Florida Regulations. This training program is approved by the Department of Elder Affairs.
*Due to recent changes, this is now a 6-hour Certificate. You will need to complete a 2-hour CEU, Medication Savvy, before taking this 4-hour class. Please see staff for details.